Cultural Awareness Training:
We support you and your organisation to raise awareness and understanding about culture, race and ethnicity in the workplace.
Create Change With
Cultural Awareness Training & Support
Our Cultural Awareness Training programme takes a discussion and experience-led based approach to training to create an interactive and engaging level of support. We help you and your organisation understand, address, and engage employees about ethnic and racial inclusivity and diversity.
Suitable for individuals and organisations of all sectors that are at the start of their journey to improving their understanding and want for greater racial inclusivity in the workplace. If you’re looking for more Advanced Race Awareness Training click here.
Some of Our Clients & Partners
- What is the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality?
- Numerical diversity vs real diversity.
- How to discuss race without being offensive or fear of being offensive.
- Understanding racism.
- What is racial bias?
- Unconscious bias vs implied racism.
- What does it mean to be anti-racist?
Request A Quote
Our Cultural Awareness Training is all about creating a learning and informative space where people of all colours and ethnicities can discuss race without feeling overwhelmed, unheard, or devalued.
Our discussion and experience-led training approach creates free flowing conversations between your employees to facilitate, engage and inform you and your team.
- Understanding cultural diversity and its benefits.
- Discussion techniques on how NOT to be fearful, worried, or offended when discussing race and ethnicity.
- Understanding race and ethnicity in the workplace.
- Understanding what it means to be racial inclusive.
- Discussing race and ethnicity in a safe space.
- Understanding racial microaggression.
- Understanding individual, structural and institutional racism.
- Creating greater positive action.
Cultural awareness training is designed to provide you with the knowledge on the various cultures that exist within our society and within your organisation. Showing how you and your team can maximise everyones differences in a proactive and positive way.
If you and your team have had some basic level of cultural awareness training then you’d probably be interested in our Advanced Race Awareness Training which provides more in-depth training on race, culture and ethnicity, click here to view our Advanced Race Awareness Training.
Now more than ever it is not enough to not be racist. Now is the time to be actively anti-racist. You may be unaware of the existence or impact of racism in your organisation. Not only is discrimination in the workplace unacceptable, it can also have negative impacts on your employees and your bottom line. Employees who face race-based discrimination are more likely to report having experienced:
- A negative impact on both physical and mental health.
- Decreased motivation.
- Decrease in productivity.
Employers who do not take an active approach to combating racism within their organisation may experience:
- Low retention of black and minority ethnic employees.
- Diminished mental health of minority staff.
- Loss of sales revenue and customers due to racial coverage and bad PR.
- Toxic work culture.
- High turnover in staff due to toxic racially insensitive work culture.
- Negative impact on recruitment efforts.
Our Foundation Culture Awareness Training is delivered face-to-face, with facilitated full and half-day training that includes:
- Interactive workshops.
- Focus group facilitation & analysis
- Group exercises.
- Lived experience learning.
- Open safe space discussions.
At Mission Diverse we believe in connecting companies with communities. Unlike some organisations, we are a non-profit company, who use the money you pay us for our training programmes, to reinvest in our Local Community Employability and Enterprise programmes.
Our employability and enterprise programmes provide education, mentoring and personal development training to people from underrepresented and disadvantaged communities. By doing this we hope to provide those from underrepresented communities with the necessary skills and knowledge to enter entrepreneurship and the workplace (…or maybe come and work in your company!).